Enjoy the Great Outdoors
A Stay at the Resort
Île au Canot
A resort that’s full of history
A place rich in history, whose vocation is upheld from generation to generation by the islanders of the region…
Numerous owners have taken possession of the island over the years, sometimes for only a short stay in the archipelago. One must go back to 1662 to trace back the first known owner of Île au Canot, Vincent Macard, who was granted the land on November 12, 1662.
It’s in 1826 that a farmer from Île d’Orléans, Michel Olivier Lachance, becomes owner of Île-au-Canot and the first in a long line of mariners who would inhabit the island and the ancestor of all the Lachances of Île au Canot.
The island remained owned by the Lachance family until 1956 when Eucher Lachance sold it to Charles Body Fisher, an industrialist from Montreal who rarely visited the island. In 1989, the Welch family from Quebec City acquired the island with the goal of using it for sports hunting. It was them who started the tradition of pheasant hunting on the island. In 2008, the Lachance family retook ownership of the island in partnership with some friends who were passionate about waterfowl hunting.
The island is full of history and stories. Take the time during your stay on Île au Canot to hear a few of them!
at its Purest
Île au Canot is a haven of peace and tranquility that’s 2 km long by 600 metres wide, covering 52.5 hectares of nature at its purest. Access to the island is made possible by floating docks that permit docking by boats as large as the Vent des Îles and the Lachance III from Croisières Lachance.
The Resort Offers
A Green Environment
The Île au Canot administration is going green. The island is supplied with a wind turbine and high-tech solar panels that supply more than 80% of electricity needs, thus limiting the use of generators and the consumption of diesel.